Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy weekend........

I have to admit to finding it a bit of an effort keeping up with my blog these days and then I get behind and I have so much to share that it puts me off even more ..lol....I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator.....



A couple of weekends ago, I went on our annual craft weekend away to Heathcote...what a ball we all  had......and I was so glad I got time to spend with jenny before she left for Queensland to live ....
booo hooo....

Anyhow we had a fantastic time , lots of laughs, lovely food , op shopping and quite a bit of creating done....
 
our craft room is the old squash court, so its huge.....
 
 
 
 
 
........and this is a pic of the Fawlty Towers dining room.....:)

 
 
  Heathers gorgeous quilt ......
 
 
 
    and finished a few weeks later ...its just stunning !

 
 
Tan holding her little felty owl.....
 
 



Jenny doing her thing.....


 
 
 
and me?
 
I got my quilt practically finished ....laying it out.....



wooohoooo, I just have to tie the layers together now....I LOVE how it turned out.......it took a lot of fabric that I collected over 6 months when  it was on sale or on clearance.....I couldn't decide on a color theme so I went with anything goes... and chose my favourite fabrics....

 
love its mismatched, vintagy  look.....
 
 
 
 
I also made this little wire birdcage, its rough as ...the wire was really hard to bend with your fingers....and I didn't have right tools with me..
 
 
 
I made this one after I got home....
 
 
 
 I wanted a more substantial bird so found these cheap Christmas decs at Big w.....they didn't  cover  very well with paint ( 4 coats and they were still pink)  but covered well with paper and napkins....
 
 
 
 
 
and this little [ big] is the latest addition to our family....born 3 weeks ago and still unnamed.......
 
 
 
 
the only surviving one with whole milkbar to himself....
 
 
 
 
a little whippet puppy....
 
 
 
                                                who is very cuddly and starting to develop a personality....


 
........eyes open :)



                                                            dozing tonight on my lap.....

 
he has certainly brought a lot of joy into the house :)
 
 

5 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Well you've been busy Jen!!!
I know what you mean about lots to share and then...
This post is full of goodness, inspiration, friendship and more!
Faulty Towers makes me giggle and you creative ones sure know how to have FUN!
Your quilt is lovely...you must be very pleased with it!
Glad you got a post out for all of us to enjoy ♥
oxo

Jenny said...

Heathcote was wonderful Jen... love your pics.... your quilt is stunning... and your birdcage so adorable... and little puppy... the cutest of all...

Jenny ♥

JansArtyJunk said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your quilt Jen...all those beautiful fabrics...and what a wonderful post of loveliness :)...and have you named your cute little puppy yet....totally adorable!! x

Diane said...

You sound like me, Jen! Hard to find time for the blog! I do love all the goodies you're posted
& at least you are having fun!

Unknown said...

I do the same thing with blogging and then I get overwhelmed. I think it is normal though and we all go thru it. I love your quilt...it does look vintagey.....
I like the birdcage too. I always see what you are up to thru facebook too, but it isnt the same.