Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Zentangled, Doodled-oodled Fan....

When we painted back in Feb, I pulled my fan apart and decided it could do with a coat of paint....I finally put the new version back up just up in time for summer...


I had seen this cool chair on Pinterest....[ hah!! Pinterest again ]!!!

http://www.tphblog.com/diy-fabric-for-upholstery/

what a cool idea to get have your  kids draw all over it..... mine would have loved that.....

and then these fan blades....

http://pinterest.com/pin/259660734737519433/

 SO......I had already purchased this cushion from Ikea just because I loved it...




and used it for inspiration but once I got started , I just couldn't stop with the ideas ....I used black sharpies over  a satin spray varnish...I would use different paint next time..........the sharpies kept running out and had to drawn over paper all the time to get going again...

What do you think ?????



its really hard to get a good photo....

 
so some close ups for you...
 



and while there a few mistakes you wouldn't know, I just doodled over them.... 
 
and only 3 more lounge room projects left to do :)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Jen.... I just adore it... so fabulous and arty... am sure it will make you smile every time you see it... love your new cushion too...

Jenny ♥

JansArtyJunk said...

I'm loving your lounge projects Jen....Adored your doodly fan when you shared it on FB...such a creative and unique lounge you have and loving the co-ordinating cushion too! :)

orneryswife said...

Wow! That is amazing!! Awesome job!

~*~Patty S said...

Your fan is absolutely fantastic Jen!
IKEA will be selling those next ;)
I might get a crick in my neck always looking up to admire it!!!

I have noticed the Zen/doodle influence in clothing too...black and white goes with everything!

funny thing when I came to visit you here straight from your FB link it wouldn't let me comment...

off to check out your links
oxo

Clare said...

OMG!!! It is Fantastic. I Love it, You have made a truly beautiful work of art out of a mundane object. Admiring!!!

Linda Jo said...

That fan is awesome!!!!

Sunshineshelle said...

Oh my goodness, LOVE this funky update so so clever, you should sell these, I think it would be such a cool addition to any room :)