Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fabric paper play and Christmas :)


we had the best afternoon last week when our little mixed media group got together for some fabric paper play....

now Jenny and Clare have already posted pics of what we made so I wont show them all again here....

make sure you check out Clare's blog tho and see what she made from her fabric paper too... absolutely wonderful...

im so glad we went to Wendy's gorgeous house at this time of the year , its was decked out beautiful with her handmade creations ...oh and her studio.....what I wouldn't give lol.....

here we all are being very industrious...

now Jenny is not glitter gal.....

but now she is....

here's proof lol....she cracked open some Martha stewart that she had for a couple of years...

Glitter Queen Jenny....

and mine finished...

each time we meet we meet we arrange a swap for our next meeting... we decided on recycled Christmas cards... I used corrugated card, music and onion bag...I also used some of my left over Kaiser die cuts and papers to make the envelopes.... Lynne is part of our group and lives away but we swap with her too.......:)



and some Christmassy  peeks around the house... Sussies lovely Danish felty hearts...


a little bit of crafting happening too.....my poor old wreath was a bit had it and had a much needed revamp with some hessian/burlap....

and yes it is beginning to feel like Christmas ...finally....

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Jen.... still laughing about the glitter... finally cracked those bottles open... and loved it...lol
LOVE LOVE your wreath revamp... so beautiful... and your Christmassy peeks... your recycled cards are adorable... see you tomorrow my friend...

Jenny ♥

~*~Patty S said...

Such a lovely feeling of creating and friendship and Christmas and more!

I hope Jenny knows there is no turning back once you've been bitten by the Glitter Bug LOL!

Really lovely results on your fabric paper making...

I am off to visit your friend Clare.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a New Year that is Happy and Bright dear Jen
oxo

Dot said...

Love the photos you share of your arty catch ups jen.
The christmas cards are all lovely! yay for jen using glitter:). i like a bit of glitter myself he heh..the paper you all created is stunning. and your wreath looks great with the hessian/burlap.
I sent you a email a few days ago letting you know your package arrived but it has bounced back saying your mailbox is full. Thanks for the christmas card and clay heart.
And the faces. Your cloth is gorgeous jen! jacky wanted to confirm you got her cloth ok. Much love to you.
dotx

Jacky said...

Looks like so much FUN!!! and your revamped Christmas wreath is gorgeous Jen.

All very Christmassy and wonderful. It's a lovely time of year!!!

Jacky xox

Clare said...

Jenxo, Love love, love my card you made me. I must photo them all sitting on their Christmas shelf. :) Thanks for sharing the festive Christmassy photos of your home. I wish you and your family a Beautiful Christmas!!

JansArtyJunk said...

What a lovely post Jen, love seeing all the pics of the fabric and paper at play!!...and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your wreath!! :)
Jen ...I sent you an email to Thank you for Your fabby stitchery paper card and beautiful tree dec oh and the choccy coins ;) ...You know me so well LOL ;)..but your email was returned as undelivered. So Thank you Jen, I admired the ornies on your blog, so was so happy to receive one :) x
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas time and all the best for a fun and creative New Year :)
Thanks again....
Hugs!
Jan x

Emma said...

If you can't use glitter at Christmas, when can you! Beautiful creations, specially those washi tape tree cards. Have a Happy Christmas!