Friday, March 2, 2012

Tag Tuesday....books.... pic overload !


There are lots of things i shouldve been doing today on my day off [i have every second friday and sat off and go to work sun afternoon], cleaning, purging, making stuff for the market, working on the quilt.... however i was feeling a bit flat after a long week.........stocktake at work :( and just wanted to make something...

i had so many ideas to be crafting that my brain was going into overload and i thought id better just focus on one :) do you get like that when you havent made anything for a while? ......i was awake at 5.30 thinking about all the projects i wanted to make and the housework didnt stand a chance :)

so thought id spend a couple of hours....yeah yeah ! and make my tag for Tag Tuesday....... i found this tag on the floor while doing a little bit of tidying up and thought what a geat book cover it would make.

so i pulled it apart, gessoed it and covered it in wet teabgs still with lots of tea leaves on them....i was too impatient to wait for them to dry.


i used some paper napkins, gesso and stamping for the inside as well as an 'ode to the tea bag' with the tag off the tea bag collaged inside the cover...


i had some tea bags drying to use for the pages...... absolutely beautiful colors they were from the blackcurrent tea. [ive not used any paint except gesso.] i love dying with colored teas now, id never thought about till i took Caroles class....

i then collaged bits off flowery napkins , some script text and my typo birdie stamps.....use these all time too...perfect for little things....

i used matt medium and the pages are quite leathery. i also love the way the stamps show thru to the back layer...




i then zigzagged the pages together and stitched them into the book.... i had intended to add some writing but i just like looking at it, so its teeny-tiny-tag-picture book....






there are some lovely tags on the Tag Tuesday blog so go check them out...

14 comments:

Doreen G said...

Jen your little book is gorgeous.
Well done.

Jenny said...

Absolutely stunning Jen... what a beautiful way to spend some free time...

Jenny x

Sherry said...

Wow Jen, they are absolutely STUNNING!!!!

Margaret said...

my oh my how amazing is that!!! superb effect, I LOVE it, I can only imagine how wonderful it is to have in your hands. Great texure and such an interesting surface to work on, the results are fab! well worth the 5.30am start! Mx

Dot said...

Oh Jen - what a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing your art with us. These pages/tags are gorgeous. You are so clever with the techniques you use and I would love to see these in real life one day. Don't think the pages need any words. They are perfect as they are. Well done you xx

Lesley said...

Oh Jenxo this is stunningly beautiful. I have a stack of tea bags waiting to be used. I love this idea, colourful and so elaborate. I agree this book need no words. Thanks for sharing with us.
Les xo
PS I sent the ATC's off, hope they don't go around the world a few times. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That is so pretty. I'm totally salivating over them!

Ro Bruhn said...

Absolutely fabulous, such great texture you 've created, love it.

Kim Henkel Creations said...

Very very lovely! and yes I love the black current and raspberry tea bags...lovely colours, I am just not too fond of that flavour of tea!

Karen said...

Hi Jen, I just love your little tea bag book! I would never have thought of making a book from tea bags. I love tea, using napkins, stamping and 'little'things. A great inspiration. I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed about where to start when you have some time to create and just don't know where to start, but you really did so well with your beautiful creatiion.Thanks for sharing it.

Diane said...

OMG....I almost fell off my feet when I saw these! I absolutely love each & every one of them. Gorgeous work, Jen! xo Diane

carole brungar said...

Very pretty! Am loving the teabag colours and the napkins you used! gorgeous :))

MILLY said...

Beautiful and I loved the colours from your fruity flavoured tea bags. Such a lovely idea making your book...followed you from Kim's blog. A much better way to spent your day being create.

Unknown said...

I love how the light shines through them.....texture is my favorite thing so I really love them.