Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tag Tuesday...snowsports...


so hows your weekend been? ive been pretty relaxed watching the test while making backgrounds for atcs and my tag for this week.

the theme is snowsports and i was thinking of doing ice fishing as that fascinates me... im not sure why but i think its the cute little houses that appeal to me [the cold certainly doesnt and im not big fan of fishing or spending my time looking down a hole in the ice..] I was thinking they must lose some of cute little shacks if the ice suddenly melts and was googling images to find for my tag and yes, there they were trying to save them.......

Anyway then i came across this image from
The Sum Of All Crafts

i thought at first these innocent little munchkins are building a big snowball to roll off the nearest mountain , create an avalanche and swallow up the town below.....

or

maybe they are just buliding a snowman !!!


Anyway, heres my tag. i printed image onto canvas , stitched lots of layers of muslin over the top and cut out the middle and around the outside. i had hoped the circles around the outside would come out bubbly :( i added some tulle, organza and beads for the bow and it was done...im enjoying these challenges as they make do something :)


Its been nice making atcs again... i have a local exhibition in Feb [details following soon] so am getting busy.

Hope you all have a creative week....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this Tag Tuesday fun!!Enjoyed seeing your tags.I'm over in Adelaide so we're "neighbours"- almost!!

My Creative House said...

Oh Jen your tag is so beautifully made, love how you made it.
Anni

Jenny said...

So gorgeous Jen... love the image printed onto the canvas...such a soft and pretty tag...

Jenny x

Margaret said...

totally inspired tag Jen and like you I reckon they're about to roll that beauty on it's way. Very cool to look into the tag through the snow hole, like that! Mx

Jensters said...

A wonderful Tag Jen x