Saturday, December 31, 2011

ringing in the new year.....

I'm just popping by to say

Happy New Year

to all my lovely blog readers....

as i look back over 2011 , its been an interesting with some very lovely highlights and some not so good ones....all in all not a bad year but i hope 2012 will be way better.....

i found this journal page, i made on Jan 1. it was a part of 10 min art journalling a day , i lasted 3 days lol.

art journalling it seems, is not for me....

anyway it made me quite depressed as i have only managed to tick one thing off for the WHOLE year [probably why i stopped making new years resolutions years ago]





Anyhow, those are still my goals so i will just keep plugging away.....

Have you noticed how people have words for the year that they try to live by?


nice words like


true,compassion,refine, collaborate, authentic [liked that one patty], create etc....


well mine for 2011 ended up being ......stressed !


and for 2012?


purge....

yes purge , it has a nice ring to it doesn't it ?


i am decluttering my life of all the crapola that has built up over the years....my family is not impressed as i have started on our books and then the linen closet , oh wait it was the fabric cupboard from hell . i now have 3 shelves for linen, what a luxury.... i will make some people very happy with my purging so its win win for everybody :)


anyhow enough rambling i would like to thank you all for the wonderful inspiration, eye candy and lovely comments, but, most off all the wonderful friendships :) online and otherwise....wouldn't it be lovely to meet up some day?

i hope the New Year brings you ...

good health [always my number one cos without it you are stuffed !]

enough money to keep the wolf from the door

and

good times with family and friends....


looking forward to cocktails and vids with my family tonight.....


Happy New Year !!!!!

11 comments:

Doreen G said...

Happy New Year Jen I have tried to think of a word but they all sound so corny to me.
I hope we can meet one day it would be wonderful.

Jenny said...

Yes Jen... 'purge' sounds more friendly than stressed... decluttering is great... doing lots of that myself...
Enjoy your New Year's Eve, my beautiful friend...
Let's hope 2012 is a cracker :))

love ya
Jenny x

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Loving your word 'Purge'!! I'm also in great need of a life declutter...So heres hoping that 2012, helps us both get rid of all those little complications! eh
Jen, You've inspired me to think of my new word to live by in 2012...Simplify!! :)
Wishing you and yours all the Happiness and a creative New Year!
Hope all your dreams come true in 2012 :)..and will look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations next year :)
Jan x

Steph said...

Happy Happy 2012 Jen!!!
Yes I'm going to "purge" and start afresh....
Cheers!!

Sherry said...

Happy New Year to you Jen, hope it brings all that you want - be happy! Cheers xx

Jacky said...

Hi Jen, it was so lovely to meet you this year and hopefully this year I will get across to your side of town and visit. Have a creative weekend!
Yes, health is always first on my list of wishes for family and friends...so important. As you say, without it you are 'stuffed'.
Wishing you and your family health, happiness and prosperity for 2012. Hope you had fun last night (and didnt drink too many cocktails!!!).

Sending love,

Jacky xox

shirley said...

Happy New Year Jen!
Purge is a good word. I actually started purging my craft space a couple of weeks ago and still going!
Thank you for sharing your art and I look forward to checking out your blog in 2012.

Emma said...

That list sounds good to me, hope it was a good one. Here's to a fabulous 2012 - it will be if we make it (quite a responsibility tho!) x

martha brown said...

Purge is an excellent word! I just purged 2 drawers of used bubble envelopes! 50 of them! Keeping them just in case I needed to mail things. I kept 5. Sheesh. Luckily I am a teacher an I can use up so much or my crap... Er... Art supplies.. At school.

Margaret said...

Happy happy New Year to you Jen!

Love the word 'purge' I really should do more of that too! I have a number of 'problem areas' in my house hmmm less said about that the better...

I look forward to another year of your wonderful creativity!

Mx

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely post dear Jen..."purge" should have/could have been my word (a most do around here!!!)...
but I chose "balance" for 2012

wonderful pix of your table of delights ... you and Jenny are something else!

sending you and yours every good and special wish for 2012

Take care my friend
oxo