Monday, December 22, 2008

more ornies....

I made these little ornies from some fabric paper i made earlier in the spring. Originally they were just going to be creams and golds , fairly neutral but they looked so bland i had to add some color! I flooded them with twinklings and added a conglomeration of glitter, clear utee, mica and gel meduim. Saw something similar that Tim Holtz did but this was my version!
I used a coffee mug to get the circle and added text to the top with little gold paint.
My sewing mchine, the marvelous PFaff [NOT!!] is being repaired [AGIAN] so a friend lent me one. Its a Husqvarna, new in the box after 12 years!!! Its a very basic machine but sews beautifully and it takes metallic in the top so i was thrilled. [i can only sew metallic in the bobbin on mine]
I find it very hard to believe that that you never have a need for a sewing machine in 12 years!!!

My scans are a bit wonky, sorry!!

I love the doily one. It was just this piece of doily that had the center pulled out....



5 comments:

Margaret said...

these are so gorgeous, love the colours, pleased you did that! the doily is also my fav. I've been on the hunt for them here being the season for the gold ones, but most have quitelarge patterns, banquet sized serving dishes I think!

Jacky said...

Jen your ornies are gorgeous... you are such a Christmas girl!!!!

Diane said...

Hi Jen, These are awesome! The dfoily one is beautiful but the 1st one is my fave. Love them!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh Jen ~ these are perfectly lovely, really delightful pieces each and every one! You make me want to run straight upstairs to the sewing machine. I must admit I've never tried metallic threads in my Singer. My Mom could never understand how anyone could live w/o a machine, even if just for mending :)

Kathy said...

very pretty ..love the colors.. hmmm haven't sewed anything forever.. might have to find that thing.lol
Merry Christmas!!
Kath