Thursday, January 13, 2011

I started my holidays last Friday, 3 whole weeks off work. Lots of things planned and one was to have big cleanup this week and do all those jobs I've been putting off all year (. i have been doing some cleaning but a lot of the time i have been watching the devastation unfolding in Queensland. The images from tv have been frightening, unsettling and extremely depressing. Its just mammoth but what has been wonderful is the way people pull together in the times of adversity. ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

Creative Journey has also gotten together with some very talented mixed media artists and is having an auction [open to international peeps too]. You will need a paddle to bid
so go grab one :)

while i have been cleaning i was thinking, if i was a flood victim how would i clean all that muck out of my home? i have had access to water, electricity, cleaning supplies, a local tip, op shop to dispose of stuff. the ramifications are ginormous....
My heart goes out to not only the flood victims but also to all the people[particularly the SES]who are working tirelessly to make sure no more lives are lost and trying to minimise the rest of the destruction.

Has anyone heard whether they were able to rescue those two horses whose heads were resting on the roof?

.....................................................................................


The mail has finally reached its destinations so i can show you these. A Christmas pressie i shouted myself was the Cloth Paper Scissors gift magazine. This project for the atc holders was perfect for some swapping friends.

This one is made from the recycled envelopes, unfortunately i just followed the directions and didn't measure my covers. Our bill envelops must be bigger than the us ones LOL...so new covers had to be made...i used twinklings and some stamps....





the other one i made from the Kaisercraft Christmas paper book, all the guesswork of mixing and matching done for you :)


I had no beads to match so paionted some with sparkly nail polish...


i love the way they fan out and so easy to do too...



Things are gearing up here for the imminent arrival:) She has been complaining of having wet feet. Its just as bad here , it has been raining non stop all week, hopefully some sunshine next week....

9 comments:

AZviaTx said...

As the lucky recipient of the beautiful blue card holder, I can honestly say that the pic does not do it the justice it so richly deserves. Jen, you did a great job and I am a fortunate person to have such a thoughtful, kind and generous "online" friend, such as yourself. I like to believe that we would be "real life" friends if we were to meet on any street in any town or country. Bless you for just being you. Love ya, Tina

Fiona said...

gorgeous folders Jen! I absolutely love them!

jenny said...

Jen your folders are just divine... and I just love that you painted the beads with nail polish... very cool idea... Glad that you are accomplishing lots on your time off... Hard to get your head around what is happening in Queensland... seems so surreal...
Not long now until Charlie comes home... how exciting :)))

Jenny x

Margaret said...

I've also been following the news from Queensland, just devastating, I saw the pic of the horses here but also don't know what happened to them.
Love your folders, the colours are gorgeous! Mx

Marcy said...

so nice to see your lovely comment on my blog thought Id better come checkout what you were up to seeing I've been slack and havent our previous engagement was cut very short! Love this atc idea and yours look GORGEOUS what lucky friends you have to be getting these for christmas!!!

Rossylalah said...

These are beautiful Jen! Good recycling girl! I think I'll have to buy the magazine to learn how to do this.

~*~Patty S said...

the news about the flooding is dreadful...

wonderfully inspired ATC holders Jen!
oxo

Lesley said...

I love my book. I figured it out Jenxo, thanks so much. I keep looking at it and just think of your hands creating it with love.
Thanks my dear friend.
Loverly xo

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW fabulous ATC pockets, very inspiring creations. Love the colors, design and the idea to paint with sparkly nail polish.
Anja from germanyjavascript:void(0)